Unless stated otherwise, status effects last until the beginning of the 'Mech's next turn.
List of effects[edit | edit source]
Cover[edit | edit source]
- 20% damage reduction against ranged attacks from the front and side. May be upgraded to 40% with the skill Bulwark.
- Being inside cover.
Evasive[edit | edit source]
- Decreases the chance to be hit by ranged attacks. Each chevron of evasiveness decreases the chance to hit by 10% (i.e. enemies have -2 penalty to hit per Evasion chevron).
- Move, Jump or Sprint action of enough distance to show the gain of an evasion chevron.
Guarded[edit | edit source]
- 20% damage reduction against attacks from the front and side. May be upgraded to 40% with the skill Bulwark.
- Brace action.
Entrenched[edit | edit source]
- 50% stability damage reduction.
- Brace action.
Unsteady[edit | edit source]
- Cannot sprint.
- Mechs won't be knocked down through instability unless they have gained the unsteady status first. Thus it takes at least two salvoes to knock over a mech, unless they lose a leg.
- Stability damage reaching the white threshold marker.
- Performing a Death from Above attack.
- Unsteady is not removed automatically.
- Taking the Brace action will remove Unsteady by removing all stability damage.
- Walking removes 1 instability bar.
- Remaining stationary one turn removes 2 instability bars.
Prone[edit | edit source]
- Standard ranged attacks on this unit will become called shots.
- Loss of 1 initiative until the unit's next turn is complete.
- The next movement phase can only be used to stand up.
- Immediately after standing from prone, the unit has a -4 penalty to hit targets.
- Stability damage bar completely filling up.
- Loss of a leg will completely fill this bar up.
- Standing during next movement phase (clears all instability bars).