Stalker STK-3F is a Assault-class 'Mech in Battletech.
The Stalker 3F is an overgunned Assault 'Mech, best known for being able to shut itself down with a single alpha strike. With a massive array of weapons, the Stalker can threaten enemies at any range.
- The most obvious configuration is to completely remove its armaments for Quad LRM-15s. 8 tons of ammo is generally sufficient, and its rear line nature makes it easy to skimp on armor for additional heat sinks if you are concerned with overheating during sustained fire.
- A good alternative build which handles heat fairly well, gives up only a little damage and armor is 2 LRM 15, 2 SRM 4, and 4 medium Lasers. Personally I add Jump Jets because its extremely slow and focus more on heat management than armor but this Mech' can fill multiple niche roles alongside the aforementioned LRM gunboat, like making it a Quad SRM gunboat and adding lots of armor. Missile TTS is most efficient on this Mech' because of the 4 Missile Hard points.
- In a pinch, the Stalker can be configured to be a brawler - 4 x SRM6 w/ 3-4 tons of ammunition + 4 Medium Lasers, full frontal armor and full Jump Jets. The rest of the available tonnage is devoted to Heat Sinks.
- The Stalker's 6 Energy Hardpoints allow it to become a decent Laser Sniper. It can comfortably mount 5 x Large Lasers, with plenty of tonnage remaining for Jump Jets, Heat Sinks, and Armor. The last Energy Hardpoint can be a Medium Laser or a 6th Large Laser, depending on preference.
- A strong build is a dedicated LRM boat with 4 LRM20 as well as AT LEAST 6 tons of ammo. armor is very low, but if using bulwark, it can be sufficient. Armor should be focused at the front only, and its ideal to hide it behind cover so nothing can shoot it back. A single salvo can cripple and knockdown almost any target, even multiple targets can be severely hurt by a single attack. heat can be an issue after a few full salvos though, so putting it in water is best. Still, not many can survive a few full salvos so resistance wont stay up for long.
- The Stalker 3F mounts a ridiculous amount of weaponry - even for an assault 'Mech. It is also notable for its incredibly poor heat management, which is the cost it pays for such amazing damage output. Powerful, but to be used wisely.