Orion ON1-K is a Heavy-class 'Mech in Battletech.
The Orion K was the first true Heavy 'Mech. As a multi-role brawler, the Orion can engage enemies at a variety of ranges, and with plenty of armor, it can survive combined fire for quite some time. Slow, yes - but powerful.
- As usual, the simplest modification is to remove the SRM-6 to increase armor.
- The Orion-K is arguably the best brawler at Heavy-class. It has enough tonnage to mount an AC/20 w/ 2 tons of ammo and 4 x Medium Lasers for devastating firepower at close range. There would be plenty of available tonnage left over for other uses, whether it be additional armor, jump jets, heatsinks, or ammunition.
- AC/5, 3 medium lasers, 2 SRM-6’s, arm-mod, 5 heat sinks, and plenty of armor. This Orion destroys medium mechs in one to two turns.
- The Orion K is one of the Blue Chip heavies of the game, combining a decent hard-point layout, a good warload, and appreciable speed. Much more common than the Cataphract, its inclusion of Missile hard-points makes it a much more flexible chassis.
- With the Heavy Metal expansion, it is possible to acquire an Orion-K at very low skull levels if luck is with you via the "Factory Shutdown" mission, which will include two Orion-Ks in the OpFor if the factory has been fully activated by its owner. This is a significant challenge to a one-to-two icon Lance, but success will mean a highly capable heavy 'mech very early on.