Cataphract CTF-1X is a Heavy-class 'Mech in Battletech.
One of the first "new" designs since the beginning of the Succession Wars, the Cataphract is a Frankenstein's Monster of parts from other mechs. The Cataphract has heavy armor and heavier guns, mounting an AC/10, PPC, and 4 Medium Lasers.
- One of the few mechs where the stock loadout is pretty good. If you feel it is too hot, swap out two of the ML's for heat sinks; or the PPC for a Large Laser, using the two free tons for heatsinks or extra armor.
- Cataphracts can be refitted with 4 x LL's as a Laser-sniper. The remaining tonnage goes to Heat Sinks, and maybe some Jump Jets.
- For strong mid-close range firepower and controlled heat while maximizing the hardpoints, AC/5 with one ton ammo, 2 x LL and 3 x ML. This is a versatile build as a second line Mech and focuses fire nicely.
- Mounting 1 x AC/20 + 5 ML gives a very good 225 Alpha-Strike damage from short-range.
- The Cataphract is called a "FrankenMech" because it's got a little bit of everything stitched together on it. The 1X model works well at medium-long to closer range, with good armor and weaponry.