Awesome AWS-8Q is a Assault-class 'Mech in Battletech.
The Awesome is an Assault 'Mech best suited for long range fire support. Three PPCs and 28 heat sinks allow the AWS-8Q to deal out massive punishment at extreme range. At close range, its weight allows it to deal considerable melee damage.
- Perhaps one of the more strange-if surprisingly effective-fan designs, the "Sleepy" Awesome takes advantage of the Awesome's energy hardpoints to mount a staggering six PPCs. While the machine will automatically shut down upon firing, the unlucky recipient of such a salvo will certainly be taking extreme damage.
- Unless strictly being used as a sniper, you can choose to remove one PPC to make room for some Medium Laser and Heat Sinks for better heat efficiency.
- Making a swap for Large Lasers with damage upgrades later in your campaign can make for a far more effective Awesome; Despite the removal of stability damage and slightly lower range, the lowered heat and near-or-equal damage on this refit allows for more successive alpha strikes.
- A 'Mech that truly lives up to its name! The Awesome 8Q mounts a frightening trio of PPCs that can destroy, knock down, or debilitate any target in no time. It's ungainly, but it can shrug off huge amounts of incoming fire.
- Alpha striking with an Awesome, while certainly living up to the namesake of the machine and dealing likely heavy damage to everything short of another Assault 'Mech, can quickly lead to overheat damage. It is strongly recommended to alpha strike until the Awesome itself is on the verge of overheating, then swapping off as many PPCs as desired for as long as is needed to cool down until it is once again safe to fire all three weapons again.